CAA News — September 2020
October 6th at 9 pm ET – Virtual
The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually by webinar on Tuesday, October 6th at 9 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
(CAA Members log into the CAA website first)
Members we will post the Annual Report and Audited Financial Report for consideration soon.
The goals of the AGM are to:
- Receive the annual report, including financial statements for fiscal year ending May 31, 2020,
- Elect President-Elect for 2020-2021,
- Appoint auditors and authorize the Board of Directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration,
- Hear a brief summary and receive the written annual report of the activities of CAA during the previous fiscal year, and
- Transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The AGM, including having quorum are legal requirements for CAA and we ask that you attend to support the CAA. If you are unable to attend the virtual webinar at that time, please fill out the Instrument of Proxy and return to email@example.com by September 28th, 2020.
Why Should You Attend the AGM, or vote by Proxy?
To Hold the Board Accountable
- The Board of Directors create policy and make decisions that have a direct impact on membership. Your presence at the AGM allows you to hold the board of directors accountable and/or show your support.
To Stay Up-to-Date
- Attending the AGM will provide you with insight into the performance and direction of CAA.
To Support the CAA
- Holding an AGM and reaching quorum is a legal requirement. If enough members do not attend, the AGM will have to be rescheduled and held October 20th, 2020. We need your support!
CAA Conference and Exhibition Cancellation 2020
We regret to inform everyone that the COVID-19 Pandemic restrictions have forced us to cancel the CAA Conference and Exhibition 2020 ‘in-person’ conference planned for Ottawa from Oct 14 - Oct 17, 2020.
CAA is evaluating options for education, social and sponsorship activities using virtual formats. We will be engaging in conversations with all stakeholders directly.
We will continue to support CAA members in many other ways to compensate for the impossibility of providing on-site conference services. Please visit our webinars page to see upcoming and on-demand webinars.
Save the date for our 2021 CAA Conference and Exhibition in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.! The CAA Conference and Exhibition 2021 will be held at the Delta Grand Marriott Hotel, October 13-16, 2021. It is a beautiful destination on the shore of Okanagan Lake and our speaker roster and other program activities will be outstanding.
Canadian Entry-To-Practice Exam for Audiology
As you know, the first Canadian Entry-To-Practice Exam for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology will be held across Canada on November 21, 2020. The following is updated information about the Exam. We welcome your assistance in sharing this information through your student networks.
CAASPR and the Exam administrator are committed to ensuring that the national examination adheres to principles of fairness, privacy, psychometric integrity, security and safety. The CETP Exam is a competency-based examination that aligns with the National Competency Profiles for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and the CAASPR CETP Exam Blueprints.
The CETP Exam is one of the requirements for professional registration / licensing of audiologists and speech-language pathologists in several regulated jurisdictions of Canada but is open and available for all audiologists and speech-language-pathologists regardless of their practice jurisdiction.
Please note the following important information:
- Individuals wishing to challenge the examination must first obtain examination eligibility approval by applying through the CAASPR Portal. Exam candidates are encouraged to apply early at www.CAASPR.ca
- Applicants should consult the CAASPR Application Guide for further information regarding the CAASPR application process and documents that must be provided to meet Exam eligibility requirements.
- Students who have not yet completed their educational program due to COVID-19, but who wish to enroll for the CETP Exam may avail themselves of the Conditional Approval process. For more information regarding the Conditional Approval policy.
- Once approved for exam eligibility, Exam candidates will receive further information regarding examination enrollment via the email address they provided in their CAASPR Portal account.
- Additional examination information is available in the Examination Candidate Handbook and on the CAASPR website.
We will provide further information updates via the CAASPR website and to approved examination candidates via their CAASPR portal provided email.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in sharing this information.